Flash fiction open to all.
- Work should be original and submitted by the writer.
- Work should use original characters.
- Work should be fiction.
- Word count: no more than 2,500 words.
- Most genres accepted. (See What Won’t Be Published below, for exceptions.)
- Work should be fully edited and ready for publication.
- Work may use suggested prompts, suggested words, or none of the suggestions.
- Submissions should be copy/pasted into the provided submission form. No file attachments.
What Won’t Be Published
- Stories with gratuitous sex or violence. (ie: edgy or sexual content is fine, but consider story above all).
- BDSM (related to above, but still a necessary distinction)
- Stories with song lyrics or extensively quoted material from other sources. (Music and lyrics are a huge copyright mess.)
- Offensive topics or treatment of topics that can harm any human rights that are officially or should be officially protected.
- Cross-posted work or anything currently on submission for print or paid publication.
By clicking on “Submit” below, you agree to the following:
- While U.S. copyright is a given with an artist’s work, it will not be the responsibility of Fiction with Friends to track down permissions or future infringement of a submission’s rights.
- Fiction with Friends offers no other compensation other than publication on the site.
- A published submission may or may not be deleted from the site at the author’s request. Fiction with Friends reserves the right to evaluate this decision based upon a case-by-case basis.
- Copyright infringement by the author or any related instance of plagiarism will result in removal of the story from the site and may result in suspension from future submissions.
- Users will not seek legal action against Fiction with Friends or its proprietor.